Powered by Jitbit Asp.Net Forum free trial version.
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Matched Betting » Bookmakers that use euros

Discuss all aspects of matched betting here, whether you are a novice or expert please post all comments here
3/9/2012 8:43:55 AM

futureboy
futureboy
Hi,

I have had a problem with a recent matched bet with a bookie that operates in euros. As I have now used all the free sign up offers with the mainstream bookies advertised on this site I have started with the lesser well known ones that are listed in the 'free bets' section of this site. I wont divulge the name of the bookie at this stage but the current offer is that you obtain a free 25 euro bet if you deposit and bet 25 euros. So in GBP it is roughly a free £20 bet.

I went through the usual steps of depositing, placing the qualifying bet and then betting the free bet and then satisfying the rollover requirements. Once I satisifed the rollover requirements I requested a withdrawal (which was obviously in euros). However, when my withdrawal was credited back on to my debit card in GBP it was a lot lower than what it should have been, given the current exchange rate. In fact it was nearly £10 short! I therefore contacted the bookie to enquire whether any fees had been deducted. They said that no fees had been deducted and that the full amount had been sent to me and that I should contact my bank. I therefore contacted my bank and they stated that the payment came from Visa International and that all they received was the net payment that got paid into my account and that no fees were deducted by them and that I should contact VISA International to see what exchange rate was used and if a fee was charged. I therefore contacted VISA International who were completely useless and stated that I needed to contact my bank!

I have therefore got no idea why my withdrawal was a lot lower than it should be. Has anyone else had this problem when using foreign bookies that use euros and not GBP? As a result of this £10 deficit I have barely broken even as it was only a £20 free bet in GBP to start with and the rollover was quite significant which eroded quite a bit of profit also.

Is it best not to bother with these low amount euro free bets or does anyone know of a way to avoid this? If anyone has had any similar experiences, I would be pleased to hear.

Thanks
4/2/2012 8:58:56 AM

futureboy
futureboy
Has no one got any advice in respect of this? Would using moneybookers or anything similar solve the problem? I tend to deposit and withdraw via debit card transaction, is this where I am going wrong?

Any assistance would be greatly received? Do the mods or admin have any advice on the issue?

Please help!
Thanks
4/24/2012 10:17:29 AM

millie
millie
When doing books in Euros, I always underlay, so that if it wins at the bookie I have a significant profit which will allow for any workthrough or erosion when I withdraw. I will always lay to make a small profit, but nowhere near as much should the bet win. Whatever yu feel comforatble with but never match bet for an equal outcome regardless when working with euro bookies - unless that is you deposit/withdraw to a euro bank a/c or a moneybookers a/c funded in euros.

Hope that helps.
5/2/2012 8:13:43 AM

futureboy
futureboy
Thanks, i'll follow your lead from now on as that sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the help

Home » Matched Betting » Bookmakers that use euros

Select your country and we will filter the offers showing only those available in your country.

Select your preferred currency.

Select the language in which to display the website

Set Preferences
Cancel